Adding E-commerce To Your Website
If you sell products or services then you will want to offer the ability for customers to place orders on your website.
As of 2019 all hosting accounts now include a Free basic SSL that is issued for your specific domain.
Our Drag & Drop Website Builder already includes a built in Paypal Buy it Now buttons.
If you are using a CMS like Wordpress we suggest you install one of the wordpress shop plugins such as woocommerce.
If you are selling just a few items then you may want to use a third party store such as Ecwid or an Embedable System like Mals-e commerce or use Paypals shopping Cart embed code. If you are a low volume merchant and plan to sell online using only Paypal, then you can install any of the FREE shopping carts listed in your Script Installer and set them up to use Paypal, which has its own secure checkout and doesn't require a private SSL certificate.
If you plan to run a professional online store and have many products or services to sell then you will want to install a professional shopping cart such as Open Cart or Prestashop using the Script Installer and use the auto update and weekly backup options in your cPanel. Running your own hosted shopping cart that directly accepts credit cards using a commercial Merchant account can be significantly more complex than using a third party or Paypal only shopping cart system, however it will give you more control and often more advanced features. This is for high volume merchants who can justify the additional costs and will require 5 different components
1. shopping cart scriptinstalled on your server (this can be any of the scripts in the Softaculous system or other commercial shopping cart scripts you supply)
2. credit card merchant accountfor internet purchases (card not present).
3. payment gatewaysuch as authorize.net (gateways work by passing credit card data between your shopping cart and your merchant account).
4. 2048 bit SSL certificate configured for Mod_SSL on Apache web server. as of 2019 all accounts already include our basic cpanel issued ssl.
5. If you wish to order a more advanced SSL with site seal a dedicated IP address:in order for an SSL certificate to work, it requires an IP address that is not shared.
Upgrading to Dedicated IP Address
By default to comply with ARIN rules we must utilize a shared IP address for all standard hosting accounts. If you are installing an e-commerce shopping cart, or desire to do any type of bulk mailing to a subscribed double opt in email list then you will require a Dedicated IP which is $3/month.
Geotrust Premium SSL
If you've decided to host your ownshopping cart using your own merchant account you can use the FREE basic SSL included with all hosting accounts. If you wish to upgrade to a more advanced SSL with site seal you will need both a dedicated IP address and an private 2048 bit security certificate. Lowesthosting.com is an authorized Geotrust reseller and offers the Geotrust Quick SSL Premium with free installation for $99 per year.
To add the Geotrust SSL with IP to your website contact support to open a support request and our billing department will send you an invoice. Upon payment we shall install your dedicated IP address and certificate and you will then be able to configure your shopping cart with the secure checkout URL of https://www.yourdomain.com