Lowesthosting.com offers inbound domain transfers for select domains with hosting service.
If you have a domain from another registrar and want to consolidate it to our registry. Keep in mind you do not have to transfer your domain to us to use it with our servers as long as you have the ability to set the domains Name Servers to our network ns1.lowesthosting.com / ns2.lowesthosting.com
We can do an inbound domain registrar transfer however the domain must meet a few requirements.
- The domains Name servers must be set to our network ns1.lowesthosting.com ns2.lowesthosting.com before we can accept the transfer request
- Domain TLD must be .com .net .org .us .biz .info although we can host other domain TLD types we can not transfer other domain TLD types
- You must have an active hosting account for the domain on our servers.
- The domain can not be less than 60 days since it was registered
- It can not be expired or within 15 days of expiration
- You must unlock the domain with your current registrar
- You must be able to receive emails to the domains Registrant and Administrative email addresses so update them if they are old / incorrect.
- You must get a fresh epp code from your registrar that is less than 72 hours old since it was requested.
If your domain meets the above criteria then we can initiate a registrar transfer and once completed you can control the domain from our system and you will be billed by our firm for all future renewals at our current published rate.
In the event that the transfer can not be completed due to the owner not approving the transfer and a second submission is required an additional $5 per transfer fee will be charged for every resubmission. If the transfer can not be completed on the 2nd attempt the domain fee will be refunded back to you.
OPEN A SUPPORT TICKET AND PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. THE DOMAIN I WISH TO TRANSFER: (Note must be .com .net .org .info .biz )
2. I CONFIRM THE ABOVE DOMAIN IS NOW UNLOCKED:
3. I CONFIRM I AM ABLE TO SEND AND RECEIVE EMAILS FROM THE DOMAIN'S CURRENT REGISTRANT AND ADMINISTRATIVE EMAIL ADDRESS:
4. I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE SET MY DOMAIN NAME SERVERS TO NS1.LOWESTHOSTING.COM AND NS2.LOWESTHOSTING.COM. (Note they can not be modified during the transfer)
5. I CONFIRM MY EPP TRANSFER CODE IS:
6. TERM 1 YEAR (Note once the domain is transferred you can manually renew it for a longer term in your account portal)
After we receive the above we shall issue you a Transfer invoice and upon payment initiate the transfer which can take from 4-10 days to complete. Be aware that during the transfer process your domain will continue to work however its domain's Name Servers will be locked.
IF the code is accepted (the applicable registry acts as transfer and escrow agent between the losing and winning registrars , an approval email is sent to the registrant email as listed in the whois asking for confirmation once confirmed the actual inter registrar transfer begins
after 3-10 days the transfer completes adding 1 year to its old expiry and the domain is then managed via the account portal we supply allowing you control over the whois and name servers.
NOTE: if you host an active website at another hosting company that you wish to transfer the domain you must transfer the files and databases to our servers before initiating the domain transfer. Contact our support department to learn the best method of moving your old site files before you order any service or domain transfer. Clients who order hosting purely with the intent to comply with our requirements who cancel or downgrade the hosting in less than one year may be charged a domain transfer fee of $7.95